booksomewench: (Dear World...)
[personal profile] booksomewench
At around 12:30 this morning, [profile] ddrpolaris was rear-ended at the stoplight at the intersection of Park and Institute. The driver got out of his car to ascertain that [profile] ddrpolaris was okay, and hearing his muffled, "I think so?" as he searched for his glasses, said driver immediately dove back into his car and drove away. [profile] ddrpolaris didn't get more than the basic description of the other vehicle and no license plate number, what with having to find his glasses that had gone flying in the collision and a general state of, "No, srsly, wtf?"

Police were called and reports filed. [personal profile] ladyscience and I arrived a few minutes later. The back end of his car is pretty totaled; the back door is crushed, the bumper is hanging, the back window is smashed, and the rear lights are gone. Hopefully, though, because it's all glass and body work, it won't be too expensive to replace and repair, and his insurance won't be a dick about things. I'm more dubious about the dicking about than the inexpensive, but then, I've dealt with (health) insurance a lot and am all kinds of jaded.

We brought [profile] ddrpolaris to UMass Memorial Lake Campus ER and waited while he was seen. Preliminary diagnosis is just muscle strain and pain, for which he's supposed to ice it tonight, heat it tomorrow, and take ibuprofen for the pain. If it continues to hurt, he'll be calling his doctor on Monday. We took a quick trip to Marlboro so he could get his work laptop and work from home on Friday, since tomorrow will be devoted to sleeping and having everything. There seems to be no grievous damage to him (though his neck is already fucked up and didn't need the help), though he'll be monitoring himself over the next few days.

Tomorrow, he's gonna be Restypants McGee, so please limit contact to emails and whatall and only call if it's truly important?

Thanks.

Now, excuse me. I have to hunt down every douchebag with a white pickup truck in the Tri-State area.

(no subject)

Date: 2012-02-17 12:22 am (UTC)
mindways: (Default)
From: [personal profile] mindways
GAH - suck!

Glad to hear that [fingers crossed] he's mostly OK.

(I had something like that happen to me back in high school, though I was on a bike - "Are you OK?" / "...I think so?" / *gets in car and zooms off*. Happily, a bystander got his plates, but when my mom called his wife tried to claim he'd been away all week on a business trip. The lesson: those jackass enough to leave the scene may also try to evade responsibility later.)

Profile

booksomewench: (Default)
booksomewench

October 2012

S M T W T F S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930 31   

Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios