Icon Help!

NSFW Mar. 30th, 2010 04:57 pm
booksomewench: (Excited Darcy)
[personal profile] booksomewench
I'm running an event this weekend and I could use a little bit of help from my friends who either have knowledge of the Black Jewels series or icon-making know-how (*sneaks glances at [livejournal.com profile] mesmerising*). I'm going to need suggestions (and icons if people are feeling especially generous with their time) for a bunch of people. And unicorns. And dragons.


Jaenelle--Justyna Rutkowska (suggested by [livejournal.com profile] lyricaldiscord)

Beale--

Mrs. Beale--Kathy Bates?

Lucivar--The Rock as The Scorpian King (Lucivar has long hair). Need to find a way to add impressive-looking batwings.

Draca--If I even get one icon for her, I'll be happy.

Geoffrey--

Am I forgetting anyone? Most everyone will have cleared out of the Hall. Coven and boyos back to their respective Territories, Andulvar, Prothvar, and Mephis to Hell. Fewer people wandering around, fewer tempers to get riled.

I have icons for Morton and Saetan. Hmmm...perhaps a few random images of Victorian men and women? Servants, too. I wish I could screencap; the servants from the '84(?) Hallmark production of The Secret Garden (featuring a wee!tiny Colin Firth) would be perfect. Unicorns and pony-sized dragons.

SaDiablo Hall?

(no subject)

Date: 2010-03-30 09:27 pm (UTC)
shadowcat: (Default)
From: [personal profile] shadowcat
That image is perfect for the Hall and I love The Rock as Lucivar.

No Savannah... you do not get to ask him to teach you to kick ass.

(no subject)

Date: 2010-03-30 10:22 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] charmed1ofdoom.livejournal.com
What about the Groosalugg from Angel? He has long hair and is dressed for battle..

(no subject)

Date: 2010-03-30 10:48 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mpoetess.livejournal.com
I'm on Jaenelle and Lucivar! And I'll see what I can do about the wings.

SaDiablo Hall? Yes, I snicker because that's my college. And there are ohsomany pictures available. Including really creepy ones because it's the manor they used as the exterior for the modern production of The Haunting.
Edited Date: 2010-03-30 10:49 pm (UTC)

(no subject)

Date: 2010-03-31 01:23 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
*steals*

That's kind of awesome. I think that's a better Hall, really.

(no subject)

Date: 2010-03-30 11:46 pm (UTC)
kajivar: (ANTM // Nicole)
From: [personal profile] kajivar
...Raven's going to spend a lot of time staring at Lucivar. Mmmmmm.

(no subject)

Date: 2010-03-31 01:15 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] timjr.livejournal.com
Ha, looks like [livejournal.com profile] mpoetess beat me to icon-making. If you figure out your other needs, though, I'm more than happy to whip up some :D

(no subject)

Date: 2010-03-31 01:26 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mesmerising.livejournal.com
Wooooot, I'm totally up for this! I'll have time to work on them after Thursday though, but I'll get 'em to you before the weekend!

(Oh, and we've had this convo before, but I basically suck at finding piccies...so as long as I have material to work with, I can iconise things! :D :D)

(no subject)

Date: 2010-04-02 01:35 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mesmerising.livejournal.com
(...omg you have awesome friends who've already made awesome icons. *is redundant* XD XD)

(no subject)

Date: 2010-04-03 03:27 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mesmerising.livejournal.com
Yaaaaaaay, I can be useful!!! :D :D :D



I took some liberties and tweaked with some of the colours/lighting/whatnot--hope it's what you're looking for! :D

(no subject)

Date: 2010-04-03 03:29 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sadiablo-staff.livejournal.com
beautiful!!!! Thank you!

Sooo much better than the ones I have.

And, did you change Saetan's email addy? I'm sooooo sorry I forgot!

(no subject)

Date: 2010-04-03 03:32 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mesmerising.livejournal.com
Yaaaaaay, glad that you like!! If there's anything else you want iconised, just link me the piccies and I can get them done! :D :D

And yup, I did. As much as I love being able to stalk Saetan in all his glory, I thought you'd probably appreciate the notifications more. XD ♥

(no subject)

Date: 2010-03-31 05:10 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lyricaldiscord.livejournal.com
For Mrs. Beale, I also suggest Lynn Redgrave.

These aren't exactly Victorian (at all) but I offer up these gentlemen in the hopes that they suit. I'll look at what I have tagged for girls in the meantime, but check out find_icons and their "period costume" tag in the meantime. If you've got an IJ account, make a post looking for unicorns!

THIS is Claire Danes, but she's riding a unicorn in one image and could pass as Jaenelle...

And DRAGONS!. They've also got a ton of nice wolves at seethesolders, if you want the pack in-residence. (Although after last weekend, with wolves...)

I sleeeeeeeeeeeeep now, but I'll be on GChat while at work tomorrow if you need me, so feel free to send me an email. NIGHT!



(no subject)

Date: 2010-03-31 05:31 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
Actually, I think Lynn Redgrave would make a perfect Helene. Mrs. Beale needs to be larger and a bit more intimidating.

As for the not-exactly-Victorian, that's fine, since the BJT is only kinda-sorta Victorian in its sensibilities.

Either way, this whole comment is full of crazyusefulthings! Now I have to decide if Dan Stevens or Charlie Cox is more Khary.

Dammit, I see a poll in my future...

(no subject)

Date: 2010-03-31 08:31 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lyricaldiscord.livejournal.com
And while I'm quasi-awake... check out Costume_Trunk on IJ, espeically their 'fantasy' tag. There should be more useable people there, like a weetiny Melissa George (oh Roar, how I adored you) and even a stock group of historicals.

Oh, and Lucy Griffiths has done a lot of historical/fantasy work too.

(no subject)

Date: 2010-03-31 08:59 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] doc-smiley.livejournal.com
Oddly enough I'm reading the Dark Jewels trilogy now. I'm only in the middle of book 2.

(no subject)

Date: 2010-03-31 09:00 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mpoetess.livejournal.com
Fionnula Flanagan in the Others as Mrs. Beale?
Edited Date: 2010-03-31 09:00 pm (UTC)

Draca?

Date: 2010-04-01 01:25 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mpoetess.livejournal.com
Edited Date: 2010-04-01 01:26 am (UTC)

Re: Lucivar

Date: 2010-04-01 04:13 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mpoetess.livejournal.com
PS: Dear Mr. Johnson, I am available for the doing of me by you, at your earliest convenience.

Re: Lucivar

Date: 2010-04-01 04:18 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
Dear MP,

You are amazing and a goddess. Marry me and have my babies, by which I actually mean, I hereby cede all of my sexin' claims to one Mr. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to you in perpetuity.

Hugs and kisses,
Me

(no subject)

Date: 2010-03-31 11:54 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] justababyduck.livejournal.com
I always pictured Draca as sort of a female Voldemort. Is that just me?

Profile

booksomewench: (Default)
booksomewench

October 2012

S M T W T F S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930 31   

Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios