booksomewench: (Ahhh---fangirls!)
[personal profile] booksomewench
I can't tell if NonCon is the best or the worst I've ever heard.

Seriously, did anyone stop to think about this one? Was it intentional? I JUST DON'T KNOW!!!

(no subject)

Date: 2010-02-23 12:27 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] murnkay.livejournal.com
Oh that's... WOW. WOW.

(no subject)

Date: 2010-02-23 12:52 am (UTC)
shadowcat: (Default)
From: [personal profile] shadowcat
That's just... I have no words, hun. Bad bad peoples.

(no subject)

Date: 2010-02-23 12:57 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] etherial.livejournal.com
It must have been trebly awesome last year.

(no subject)

Date: 2010-02-23 02:43 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] zrealm.livejournal.com
There's a con near here called BadCon...

(no subject)

Date: 2010-02-23 04:18 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] usernamenumber.livejournal.com
The "noncon.vassar.edu" url gives it that extra bit of special, too...

as a vassar girl

Date: 2010-02-23 04:42 am (UTC)
cthulhia: (80s retro)
From: [personal profile] cthulhia
I guaranDAMNtee it was thought through, determined to be sufficiently ironic, and thus adopted.

The pre-cursor to the Vassar Non-human Association (i.e., back in my day) was SCAR, Student Coalition Against Reality.

(no subject)

Date: 2010-02-23 08:29 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] bugeyedmonster.livejournal.com
I don't know whether to laugh or be squicked.

(no subject)

Date: 2010-02-23 02:40 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] balsamicdragon.livejournal.com
I can't really say, as I was the person who ran HypothetiCon. "Didn't happen last year, won't happen again this year!"

Hey, did the SFS at UConn ever run any more cons when you were there? What were they called?

(no subject)

Date: 2010-02-23 04:27 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] electric-d-monk.livejournal.com
I hate to ruin the mystery, but I can say with certainty that the obvious meaning was not the primary reason for the name, but that the first concom was aware of the possible implication.

Mainly 'cause I'm the one who pointed it out to them.

(no subject)

Date: 2010-02-24 08:09 am (UTC)
ext_267559: (The Future)
From: [identity profile] mr-teem.livejournal.com
We briefly, very briefly, considered calling our attempt at getting a gaming con together at Michigan...

um...con!

With punctuation.

Profile

booksomewench: (Default)
booksomewench

October 2012

S M T W T F S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930 31   

Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios