booksomewench: (Default)
[personal profile] booksomewench
Well, ladies and gentlemen, it looks like America's in for another four years of ass-raping sans lube. Fortunately, it looks like they decided to include the glass shards again so we can be good and fucked. Hey, I know that I don't like being violated by my government unless I know that they're putting a lot of feeling into it. And, well, nothing adds that personal touch like a good dose of glass shards. Interestingly enough, everyone else I come in contact with seems to feel the same way. I've got a couple of LJ friends from foreign countries who are in deep mourning now that we've re-elected Bush. Look at it this way, my fellow Americans, at least we know that the rest of the world is going to be gang-raped along with us.

But really folks, what do we have to complain about? Granted, my rights as a woman are about to get stripped away like a sorority girl's bra on MTV Spring Break, but what the hell? I mean, come on, was I really using them anyway? And really, when was the last time someone had to get a back-alley abortion with a rust coat hanger or broken coke bottle? We all know that there's a bias in history--those were prolly really fun & rewarding experiences that the Roe v Wade ruling took away from us. I'm not really sure about the whole kids thing anyway, so a hole poked through my uterus or a raging infection that makes me sterile caused my unsanitary medical conditions are prolly a good thing. Lemme get them while I'm young. Who knows? Maybe I'll get a special 2-for-1 deal.

But we'll be getting a few privileges to make up for the loss rights over our own bodies. Starting as early as 2005, we could start getting drafted! Finally, an equality that makes sense! Teach us to not be happy with our sanctified roles as wives and mothers! Shit, I was satiated with my right to vote, dammit! And it's not like school would be a reason to keep us from the front--we'd get to finish out our semester (or senior year, depending) and then get shipped out to whatever justified war we're fighting next. Like Luxembourg. We gotta show them European fuckers that we ain't takin' no shit from no one! Especiall if they try to get all uppity with the EU or something. Trying to compete with America as if they had a right to. Thank Bush I get to fight in a war I truly believe in. Oh, and maybe once he's "pacified" the rest of the world, he can get around to fighting that excellently run ""War on Terrorism." Of course, I might be ineligible cause I'll still be recovering from that thrilling back-alley abortion session, but with my lack of health insurance, I'm sure I'll only take a couple of extra months to heal. Unless, of course, I need some kind of prescription drug. Then I'm totally fucked.

Speaking of fucking, honestly, do kids really need to know more about sex than "don't do it"? Research* has proven that a problem simply goes away by ignoring it. Look at Osama bin Ladin! Has anyone heard from him lately? No! Why? Because we've ignored him to illegally invade a sovereign nation and send over a thousand of our boys to death. And look. It's like--POOF!--he's gone. Obviously it'll work the same way with sex. Cause we all know that kids love obeying authority, so whenever an adult says "just abstain" all those hormonal teens'll nod like bobble-head dolls and go right along with it. Maybe they'll take up fun new hobbies like parcheesi or monopoly. Thank God (the Christian one, of course) that we don't live in a society that glamorizes sex, otherwise we'd have a real problem. And handing out condoms and literature on safer sex was a stupid idea in the first place. It's like giving permission to teens to go out and fuck like rabbits. I mean, granted, they were a lot safer doing so, but again, no one will have sex now until they're at least 18 and graduated. Or maybe we should treat sex like drinking and forbid anyone from engaing in it until they're 21. That should do the trick. C'mon, underage drinking is non-existant, so who'd have underage sex? Yep, that's it, no sex till age 21, at least.

Oh, except for them gay boys and girls. No sex for them ever. I know I'm personally hoping they'll not only pass that Constitutional amendment, but that they'll bring back sodomy laws for all 50 states. The knowledge that someone, sonewhere, might be engaging in anal sex makes me shiver and get all sad inside. Anal sex is the personal right of the government (see my first paragraph) and they don't want anyone honing in on their territory. And everyone knows that gays can't love the person they're with--that's the exclusive province of heterosexuals. Cause everyone knows that hets don't go around having indiscriminate sex. Research* proves that the skyrocketing stats on heterosexual AIDS and other STD cases are just lies spread by the gay, Jewish, liberal media like Fox News. That's another reason why gays shouldn't marry. Not just cause God says so (oh, not every God, of course, just the important one), but cause those homos just wouldn't know how to treat marriage properly. They'd certainly bring down the sanctity of my marriage. Thank God, we've got celebrities like Britney Spears and Nikki Hilton to show us what marriage is truly about. But there's more to marriage than just the gay agenda. If we're really lucky, we'll go back to the early 70's, and make interracial relationships illegal again too! Sorry Shaughn, I love you, but I know better than to pollute the Aryan race with my sub-standard genes. Saint Strom Thurmond said so.

Well, there are a ton of other issues I could address right now, but I figure I'll leave that for another time. After all, too much of a good thing and I'll end up crying again--tears of joy of course. I think I'll go back and reread 1984 and The Handmaid's tale so I can get a better idea of the Utopian society I'll be blessed enough to live in for the next four years--assuming, of course, my applications for dual-citizenship to Non-America are denied. I hear that Palestine and North Korea are lovely this time of year.

Yours in pain and suffering,
N. Vivian






* Research done by the Ignorant Asshole Corporation of America
From: (Anonymous)
I'll have you know, little Missy, that those studies are true, their findings valid. We've also concluded, beyond a shadow of a doubt that breast cancer is directly linked to abortion, wherein those harlot lesbians who dare to destroy a life that begins at the very moment of conception are at least 800 times more likely to be stricken with it! Moreover, as for your so-infered sexual education, it is QUITE clear that the connection between condoms and the prevention of sexually transmitted diseases are INCONCLUSIVE at best.
You mention sodomy, and my dear, you need Jesus in your life. You truly do. Woe unto you and the others who take part in such heathen deviations. It is right and just the government step in and tell you what is and what is not appropriate for your own bedroom!
It is CLEAR that homosexuals are simply confused, misguided victims of some type of childhood abuse who wish, out of some psychotic vengance to inflict the same abuse on healthy children for the sole purpose of making more homosexuals. Their agenda is to dismantle every precious institution that gives us our very foundation of morality. There is hope out there for them, and one only prays that some kind soul take pity on them and shock their warped little minds back into heterosexual reality. Face it. The all-loving, all-forgiving God who created you and I and all there is (ironically also creating homosexuals) hates queers and everyone who looks like a queer, and all their cousins AND the horses they rode in on!
As for the savages of foreign countries. What could they ever know about true democracy!? I mean, look at us with our gleaming examples of the American way! The Patriot Act, an economically instated Draft (where poor kids who fell through the cracks of No Child Left Behind have no other choice than to pick up a gun and go invade another country)Besides! They're... well... foreign! As if!
Look, you've got a few choices here, Little Missy. 1)You can accept everything I just said here, and the word of our savior the Lord Jeebus Christ, and put an end to all your unscriptoral wishy-washy liberal pansy sarcasm, or 2)... you could just...dig a deep hole and sit in it, with a few cases of beer and wait for the next four years to pass. Toranto anyone?
-Anonymous.... or not!
PS: just a tip... when Kohut has too much free time on her hands, things get ugly....and this was like... Ashcroft ugly... so yea.
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
Ha! I knew it was you before the PS! That means I'm awesome!

And, believe me, I fully intend to do the Torant-beer-deep hole-waiting thing. As was referenced in [livejournal.com profile] shogunhb's LJ, Osama bin Laden's has already found Jesus in a cave somewhere, so why the hell would I have to go looking for him too?

(no subject)

Date: 2004-11-03 09:29 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ranecloude.livejournal.com
You forgot to mention that the economy is shit. The job market, granted, is sloooowly getting better, but its still for shit. But, oh, let's ignore our country because the heathen other countries are getting ready to attack us, so let us go elsewhere, so that we may ignore our own country. Hell, a popular vote already told us that we would rather fight off other countries than worry about our own. If I was a pessimist (ahem) I would say that our popular vote tells us that American is scared to fucking death. I mean, we really want to win this war on terrorism! We'll ignore our society fuckups and problems because we're shaking in our boots that we're going to be invaded! Oh, and if we keep good news on the war, we'll also look over the fact that the oil prices are not going down, and we're not currently trying to find an alternate means of energy.

And, I'll jump on the bandwagon for just a minute, so that I may have just one iota of optimism.. That if Kerry didn't bother to try to fight for his fucking votes, he wouldn't have fought for us. And I'm not talking about the fucking war, I'm talking about fighting for us! For the economy to boom, for governmental help for single moms and students struggling to pay for school, etc. I don't know. That was the only glimmer of optimism about my country now.

I give up.

not to crush your optimism or anything...

Date: 2004-11-03 09:40 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] astareal.livejournal.com
Kerry explained in a message to his supporters:

"In America, it is vital that every vote counts, and that every vote be counted. But the outcome should be decided by voters, not a protracted legal process. I would not give up this fight if there was a chance that we would prevail. But it is now clear that even when all the provisional ballots are counted, which they will be, there won't be enough outstanding votes for our campaign to be able to win Ohio. And therefore, we cannot win this election."

I respect him a lot for not dragging this shit out like we did four years ago.

Re: not to crush your optimism or anything...

Date: 2004-11-03 10:23 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ranecloude.livejournal.com
understood. I just didn't want defeat to Bush without a fight.

grrrr

Date: 2004-11-04 02:25 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] astareal.livejournal.com
I don't blame you!

(no subject)

Date: 2004-11-03 11:22 pm (UTC)
From: (Anonymous)
Image

(no subject)

Date: 2004-11-04 03:25 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] annamoose.livejournal.com
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

I am laughing hysterically right now!!!

(no subject)

Date: 2004-11-04 03:39 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
wait, that wasn't you?! Shaughn? Doc?

(no subject)

Date: 2004-11-04 04:16 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] annamoose.livejournal.com
nope, wasn't me! I spell it "Naught-Ysconsin".

who was it?

(no subject)

Date: 2004-11-04 04:00 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
It's gotta be Myke, the totally awesome. Myke, my dearest, you make me happy.

(no subject)

Date: 2004-11-06 06:19 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] thorgodoft.livejournal.com
Who me?

Would I EVER use Microsoft Paint to make a crappy sign with a mis-spelled place from an imaginary world created by Quish for a RPG and post it anonymously into your LiveJournal and check back every few days until people finally commented on it before claiming credit for doing it? Would I? Really... what kind of a person do you think I am?

(no subject)

Date: 2004-11-04 12:56 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] evan712.livejournal.com
Just for the record Strom Thurmond had a daughter with a black woman, his daughter (different one) had a long-term relationship with a black man, and one of his closest aides was black... and worked for him for 25 years. Oh yeah, and he voted for the Voting Rights Act.

Don't fall for the liberal hype and hate all old school conservatives indiscriminately.

(no subject)

Date: 2004-11-04 04:50 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
I'm not falling for 'liberal hype' and hating 'indiscriminately.' I've done my research, I've read my histories, and I still hate Strom Thurmond. I'm not saying he rabidly hated all blacks for the entirety of his life, but if you look at his political career, his choices lean a lot further to the racist side than the happy-love-the-world side.

So he's got a daughter by a black woman. So what? So did slave owners. As a matter of fact, that kind of thing was so prevalent, America had to pass laws that made the children follow the condition of the mother. Ditto during the lovely era of Jim Crow laws. Did you know that during this time, mulatto children born of black prostitues skyrocketed? Why? Because it was anoher symbol of power over those women. If Thurmond had a long, loving relationship with the mother of his daughter, that'd be one thing, but simply having a daughter? That doesn't take more than a ten-minute session.

I'm glad his daughter had an LTR with a black guy. Chaney's daughter has one with another woman. What the children do have no bearing on the parents a lot of the time. They could be rebelling, acting out, etc. I'm not saying that is WHY his daughter got involved with a black guy, but we certainly can't give Thurmond a trophy for it, or even say he accepted it. Do you know offhand what his reaction to that relationship was?

Oh, and for that close aide? Well, there are plenty of black guys with ties to the KKK. There's some interesting research about that available, if you're interested. Also, most bigots don't actually hate ALL of the members of the minority. They'll have one or two friends that're "okay" or "credits to their race" but the rest of "those people" follow the stereotypes the bigot associates with that culture.

I'm not saying that Strom Thurmond was the second Hitler, or had no redeeming qualities, and I'm definitely not saying I'm an expert on his life and politics. But I do know enough about him to have an opinion based on something more concrete than just what the 'liberal hype' tells me to believe. And I'm disappointed that you'd think that.

(no subject)

Date: 2004-11-05 12:16 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] evan712.livejournal.com
Sorry sweetie. My comment came out much harsher than I intended. I just hate the fact that so many people bash him without looking at where he came from. Or how he ended up.

And I didn't mean to imply that you didn't have knowledge of the subject. It was kind of a knee jerk reaction. [sniff] Can you ever forgive me?

(no subject)

Date: 2004-11-05 05:31 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
Of course my dearest Evan. Don't worry another minute about it. Of course, this *does* mean that when I come down to FL that there will be no mad crazy sexcapades, but it's okay. We can still be friends. ;)

Profile

booksomewench: (Default)
booksomewench

October 2012

S M T W T F S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930 31   

Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios