booksomewench: (I like Monkeys. And Ponies. And Monsters)
[personal profile] booksomewench
I am so stressed. I've barely slept at all this past week; I keep having Lunacon nightmares. I keep emailing people but no one gets back to me and I have to start stalking them on their phones and there are a bunch of people that are in the database but haven't gotten any follow up emails because the stupid database has kept their answers ("yes going" or "no not going") since 2006. And I thought I had more time because Leigh needs everything for the pocket program by the 3rd week in Feb, but I forgot that I need to give everyone at least a week to look over their schedules and let me know if they need to change something and the hotel hasn't gotten back to me about David's memorial and Dora hasn't gotten back to me about the hotel and Elaine hasn't let me know anything about the masquerade even though I've asked and people are having problems logging into their systems and i can't fix it and now I'm crying because I'm so damn frustrated!!!!

So far, I only have 189 participants, and that's counting the maybe's. If this Lunacon turns into a failure, it's going to be all my fault.

And I have a LARP to write (by Sunday!) and a play to prepare (for Monday!) and I'm already behind in my reading for class and why the fuck did I think this was a good idea?

I'm done now. I've wasted eight minutes bitching that I should have been working. I need a stiff fucking drink. And about two extra weeks worth of time.

Thank God for [livejournal.com profile] shogunhb, [livejournal.com profile] ddrpolaris, [livejournal.com profile] ladyscience, and [livejournal.com profile] quish. Their help has been incalcuable, and they love me even when I snap at them

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-30 06:41 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] zrealm.livejournal.com
Sorry for being so bad about email this week :( Sort of caught between the aftermath of 1 con of doom and casting for a weekend long LARP for next weekend - anything you're missing from me feel free to do with as you see fit, though I swear I will get you info back.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-30 06:45 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
Like I said, I've flaked out on returning emails to you often enough that I can't be upset. More than anything else, though, I need Melanie and other-guy-who-is-not-chris's emails so I can put them into the database and get them comp'd. Then I need you to nag them to enter their bios in (by Thursday!) and make Chris fix his bio.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-02-01 04:55 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
Melanie and Stephen are failing at bios. Could you kick them?

(no subject)

Date: 2008-02-01 07:11 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] zrealm.livejournal.com
Stephen says he entered his and Melanie says she didn't get a login and password, but doesn't care about having a bio anyway.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-30 01:23 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ladyscience.livejournal.com
Babe, if you need me to do anything else, let me know. I'm good at taking orders.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-30 03:09 pm (UTC)

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-30 03:46 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] quish.livejournal.com
My advice is to do another call for help like you did last week. Tell people to come to your house on Saturday or Sunday and to bring a computer. They'll show.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-30 05:07 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dark-towhead.livejournal.com
Did you want to take a pass on DL this week? Use the time to catch up, somehow?

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-30 05:08 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dark-towhead.livejournal.com
We could get together for dinner and then call it quits.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-30 06:33 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
Dear God no. I am under so much pressure right now that if I didn't have a few vents, I'd go abso-fraggin-lutely insane. I admit, I probably won't be as 'on the ball' and this will be the first week in I don't know how long that I haven't obsessively planned some of Emily's conversations and actions, but...

I've been putting in 10-15 hour 'days'. I needs me a rest. Especially a rest that might come with the opportunity for a good killin'. Amd, since this is about to become an emotional explosion, it might be just a wee bit more cathartic that a few tears born mostly of frustration. If I'm a bit over-the-top emotionally, don't mind me, okay?

One request though? Could we try to get to gaming faster?Not that I don't enjoy just hanging out and chatting, but I will start to feel guilty if we're at it for an hour.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-30 08:25 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] bonisagus.livejournal.com
Since Quish, Justin, Toph, Xanet and Mike are going to Mika on Friday, I could come over after work and help you with stuff if you still need it.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-31 05:59 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] justababyduck.livejournal.com
Not only am I going to the con, but I'm bringing friends and I already have our room all reserved and shiny. Also, everything is going to be okay. Everyone at UConn that I've asked "You going to Lunacon this year?" has responded with a resounding "Hell Yeah!" It's gonna be awesome. Take comfort.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-02-03 12:11 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] justababyduck.livejournal.com
It's been explained to me that I've been traded. Like in baseball. Or the stock exchange. Something. Anyway, I'm psyched about my new job, so thanks coach!

(no subject)

Date: 2008-02-03 02:01 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
For now, anyway. Don't be surprised if I steal you back next year!

Profile

booksomewench: (Default)
booksomewench

October 2012

S M T W T F S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930 31   

Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios