I'm still in my evil bitchy stage, as will soon be illustrated by this post. So anyway, Chris, Janet and I all went to Cosi's tonight after work to relax and get a couple of drinks (I had hot carmel apple cider with cream...mmm...) and somehow the topic of presents came up. I think it was because we were trying to figure out when we'd all catch up on our "Groundhog's Day" gifts (we no longer celebrate Christmas together, cause there are too many people who need presents then). Anywho, I came to a realization right there.
I haven't gotten a birthday present from my mom in two years. Not even a card. I did not get a graduation present from my mom. Not even a card. For Christmas this year, I got a TV, and an IOU for Driver's Ed lessons, and my car insurance. Guess what? My TV's downstairs in the living room (I never watch it) my car insurance was canceled cause the bills never got paid, and my driving lessons never materialized.
Now, I'm not saying I'm perfect about giving gifts and stuff, heck, Di's still waiting for HER birthday gift (I'm sorry Di, I'm working on it, I promise!) but my mom doesn't even REALIZE that I'm getting shorted. What's more, let me tell you what Chris (who's still sleeping here, grr...) got for Christmas: a leather jacket, a leather hat, a new pair of work boots, a TV. Not very fuckin' fair, now is it? What did Josh get? A PS2, a TV, clothes, legos and a scooter. WTF? Now don't get me wrong, I want my brother to have a good x-mas....but I'd like to have one too. Am I just being whiny, greedy and materialistic, or is there some SLIGHT discrepancy here? What, do you have to be under the age of 15 or just FUCKING my mom to get a gift here? Grrrr....
Okay, I'm done bitching now. I don't feel any better, but oh well. I just dread to imagine what everyone's gonna be thinking of me when they read this. It's just sad when my friends care more about me than my damn family. Seriously, the awesome gifts I get from my friends MORE than make up for the stuff that I DON'T get from my own ma. It just hurts that I count less than everyone else in the family.
On the list of why my life sucks, since I lost that $100 at the theaters, my phone's gonna get shut off, but whaddaya gonna do. I'll just devote all of next week's check to it. Joy.
Finals in three more days. Further joy.
On a brighter note, I found a huge box of old Mad magazines from the 70's at Omni's on Friday for like 50 cents a copy. Also I got to see Spider-man for the 2nd time with my best friend Chris today, which was cool. I love that movie. And next Friday my aunt's taking me to the mall to buy me clothes. I love her. I found a bunch of dresses at Forever 21 I liked and were pretty inexpensive. Of course, I have no where to wear them yet.
I'm going to bed now.
I feel miserable. My nose hurts, cause I've been sneezing all day.
Is it Monday yet?
Ewww...I have to be in work for 11 tomorrow.
Night
I haven't gotten a birthday present from my mom in two years. Not even a card. I did not get a graduation present from my mom. Not even a card. For Christmas this year, I got a TV, and an IOU for Driver's Ed lessons, and my car insurance. Guess what? My TV's downstairs in the living room (I never watch it) my car insurance was canceled cause the bills never got paid, and my driving lessons never materialized.
Now, I'm not saying I'm perfect about giving gifts and stuff, heck, Di's still waiting for HER birthday gift (I'm sorry Di, I'm working on it, I promise!) but my mom doesn't even REALIZE that I'm getting shorted. What's more, let me tell you what Chris (who's still sleeping here, grr...) got for Christmas: a leather jacket, a leather hat, a new pair of work boots, a TV. Not very fuckin' fair, now is it? What did Josh get? A PS2, a TV, clothes, legos and a scooter. WTF? Now don't get me wrong, I want my brother to have a good x-mas....but I'd like to have one too. Am I just being whiny, greedy and materialistic, or is there some SLIGHT discrepancy here? What, do you have to be under the age of 15 or just FUCKING my mom to get a gift here? Grrrr....
Okay, I'm done bitching now. I don't feel any better, but oh well. I just dread to imagine what everyone's gonna be thinking of me when they read this. It's just sad when my friends care more about me than my damn family. Seriously, the awesome gifts I get from my friends MORE than make up for the stuff that I DON'T get from my own ma. It just hurts that I count less than everyone else in the family.
On the list of why my life sucks, since I lost that $100 at the theaters, my phone's gonna get shut off, but whaddaya gonna do. I'll just devote all of next week's check to it. Joy.
Finals in three more days. Further joy.
On a brighter note, I found a huge box of old Mad magazines from the 70's at Omni's on Friday for like 50 cents a copy. Also I got to see Spider-man for the 2nd time with my best friend Chris today, which was cool. I love that movie. And next Friday my aunt's taking me to the mall to buy me clothes. I love her. I found a bunch of dresses at Forever 21 I liked and were pretty inexpensive. Of course, I have no where to wear them yet.
I'm going to bed now.
I feel miserable. My nose hurts, cause I've been sneezing all day.
Is it Monday yet?
Ewww...I have to be in work for 11 tomorrow.
Night