Great idea

NSFW Oct. 5th, 2007 01:11 am
booksomewench: (S-M-R-T explosion)
[personal profile] booksomewench
Man, I sorta wish that Jacqueline Carey wasn't going to be this year's GoH. For one thing, I'd really love to have my first year with a person I didn't really care about so when I fail, I won't want to hang myself for screwing up in front of my idol. And for another, [livejournal.com profile] zrealm just gave me a wonderful idea for a theme.

It's Lunacon 51. Why aren't we focusing on aliens & govt. conspiracies?!?! Jacqueline's work is NOT conducive to aliens.

Hmmm...I'm getting an idea. What if I ended up doing a whole track on it & and called it the hidden track or something? We could deny its existence and what all (in the pocket program have statements like, "Please note, Lunacon 51 denies all existence of aliens" etc) and have certain times and rooms say things like "Completely Innocuous Panel" and "Not a Government Conspiracy" and "This Panel is an Alien-Free Zone."

Scavenger hunt for aliens? A really weird scavenger hunt where the clues are unknown in the beginning and can only be known by finding clues? Hmmm...

So, my fellow staffers, panelists, guests, and geeks--what do you think?

Who needs a porcelain though amplifier? I have LJ.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 06:00 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shogunhb.livejournal.com
"There is no Track 51"

You are filled with awesomeness. And since I am your husband, I get 50% of that awesome.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 04:11 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
remember my email to contact those people.

Love you!

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 06:12 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] zrealm.livejournal.com
Cool - sounds like the best idea I've inspired in ages :D

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 04:10 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
You so get a hug the next time we meet up.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 05:31 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] zrealm.livejournal.com
Yay!

So, how can we tie stuff together into this theme?

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 08:17 am (UTC)
ext_267559: (The Future)
From: [identity profile] mr-teem.livejournal.com
Awesome idea

You may need badge ribbons: "Alien" "There is no Track 51" "Not an Alien".

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 04:10 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
oooh...I LIKE that idea!

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 08:28 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kgola.livejournal.com
I LOVE the idea of a "There is no Track 51." (or what have you).

When I worked overnight Ops/security two years ago at Arisia, we had a party on the 16th floor of the hotel (which actually only had 15 floors) and there was a bathtub of jello in which Ally and I wrestled... And I believe we actually put alien stickers on our ID badges to show we were invited to said party.

There was even a pin created "Overnight Ops... and then there was Jello." (or maybe it was just discussed... I forget now).

But I say yes - that'd be awesome!

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 11:32 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] macropixi.livejournal.com
when is lunacon. This sounds like fun... maybe Shadow and I should go.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 04:09 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
3rd weekend in March, down in New York. www.lunacon.org Trust me, it's fun!

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 07:01 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] zrealm.livejournal.com
It really is - FBP goes to a lot of cons every year and we had a blast at Luna.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 07:58 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] macropixi.livejournal.com
ohhh Shadow's birthday weekend...

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 12:30 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] etherial.livejournal.com
Also, you should buy earwig radio headsets for all the staff.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 02:39 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] zrealm.livejournal.com
Foam Brain Productions just bought a bunch of the security style headsets (8 but we might end up with 10) :)

We can bring them to luna if you want, Shadowravyn...

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 01:04 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] balsamicdragon.livejournal.com
That's a really great idea! Much coolness points for you :)

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 02:01 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] murnkay.livejournal.com
I ahte to be the one to say this but: Check with the con chair FIRST? So if he hates it you don't waste a ton of time chasing after it and if it is loved you can spread the theme around a lot easier.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 04:08 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
Emailed Dom & Jon. I may or may not have ended the email with "pretty, pretty please with sugar on top."

Would this be something you'd let run? I mean, does it seen feasible?

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 04:25 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] murnkay.livejournal.com
I would have embraced it and I might have ideas how to make it work with Carey, too.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 07:20 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
I'm open to suggestions!

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 07:22 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] murnkay.livejournal.com
Well why not set up the Track 51 and all of that, the mystery the uncertainty and then use your writer and artist to be the ANSWERS to the secrets?
(screened comment)

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 04:44 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dawn-again.livejournal.com
If Lee and I make it down I damn well better have access to you or I'm filling the hulk hands AND your pope hat with Jello.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 05:10 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] murnkay.livejournal.com
I meant from a concom level. I'll be running a table in the dealer's room.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 05:20 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dawn-again.livejournal.com
O.o You're running a table??

*headdesk* See... in order to not work at con, you have to like... not work. For anyone, not just being unattached to the concom. I know this is a foreign concept to you, but it's easy once you get the hang of it!

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 05:21 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] murnkay.livejournal.com
Did I mention my first solo full length collection will be AT that table, coming out FOR the con?

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 05:28 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dawn-again.livejournal.com
I knew that, I think. It's hard to say. Brain has rotted up here.

Im just teasing you,after how you were always so insistent that you weren't working Con after your gig as chair.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 05:32 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] murnkay.livejournal.com
I am not working FOR THE CON.

*laugh*

See!

I don't go to cons at ALL unless I am selling something or working there. Otherwise why bother? To see friends? I'd rather find quiet times not at an expensive hotel to hang out with friends.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 05:36 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dawn-again.livejournal.com
True dat.

Now that Im legally able to come and go as I please Im hoping for a visit home as soon as I can afford it and arrange can crash space somewhere.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 05:37 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] murnkay.livejournal.com
I am sure crash space could be found.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 04:50 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] quish.livejournal.com
"access"? Does this mean I don't get to see you!?

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 05:11 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] murnkay.livejournal.com
Dork. We were gonna split a doubletable in the dealer's room, remember? How could I NOT see you?

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 06:00 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] quish.livejournal.com
Yeah, but maybe you'd have a posse, and they'll just stand around you looking tough. You'd be there, but no one would have access.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 06:09 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] murnkay.livejournal.com
Right.

But that would be YOU GUYS.

Duh?

Don't I get to get drunk with a bunch of college and recent college students again this year to make me feel kinda sorta young?

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 07:19 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
Screened it.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 04:46 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dawn-again.livejournal.com
Here's hoping they approve. A scavenger hunt in the Escher could be a lot of fun, especially if there's a fresh crop of virgins.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 04:48 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dawn-again.livejournal.com
PPS, you never answered me about the updates to the dealer's pdfs... IS all the info the same?

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 05:11 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] murnkay.livejournal.com
Ooooh speaking of updated forms... the reg forms!

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 05:16 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dawn-again.livejournal.com
LOL Already done. I busted in on Nu here in her blog after the last "we dont have the new forms" blogpost made me die a little.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 05:18 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] murnkay.livejournal.com
Ok... but no one has the ftp password but me. So the main reg forms might be updated and Nu might know but I don't have them and no one told me. *laugh*

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 05:25 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dawn-again.livejournal.com
LMAO@crossed wires...

OK, you make fix then, it's still on my server HERE

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 05:31 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] murnkay.livejournal.com
Beautiful work as always. Grabbed and uploaded and links updated. Thanks hon.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 05:33 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dawn-again.livejournal.com
Like I told Nu, I just need to know if any of the fees/contact stuff has changed for dealers so I can update that, and whom to send it to.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 05:34 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] murnkay.livejournal.com
I am sure it has. I do not know yet. When I find out? I will mail you. You will send forms to me. *jedi mind trick*

*grin*

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 05:37 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dawn-again.livejournal.com
Will... send... forms

*dazednod*

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 02:53 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] doc-smiley.livejournal.com
*thumbs up* Excellent.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-10-05 04:49 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] quish.livejournal.com
You, my darling, are brilliant!

Profile

booksomewench: (Default)
booksomewench

October 2012

S M T W T F S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930 31   

Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios