Movie plan?

NSFW Mar. 8th, 2007 10:14 pm
booksomewench: (blinky diodes)
[personal profile] booksomewench
I'm thinking of 300 at 7:50. I know it'll be kind of a rush with dinner and all, but the next showing isn't until 9pm and I know that a couple of people actually have other things to do besides got to the movies with me. (Go figure) Unfortunately, the movie theater is NOT cooperating with my plans, and has scheduled everything for really early or really late.

If this is completely incompatible with many people, I may just talk to the parties involved and try to plan going with them another day. However, I won't know any of this unless you tell me. SO USE THE COMMENT FUNCTION, PEOPLE.

I'd really like to go see 300, but I do know that it isn't everyone's cup of tea. Therefore, I'm including a list of all movies showing at Cinema de Lux. Pick a show & a start time. I'm looking for a movie that starts before 8:30.

Vote, vote, vote. Everybody vote. Unless you're a goat. Cause goat's can't vote.

EDIT: People, please don't just vote for seeing Christina Ricci naked. Remember, you'll be paying for an entire movie, and parts of it involve Justin Timberlake.


The other options for movies are:
Black Snake Moan (Justin Timberlake goes to war, Christina Ricci is his nympho girlfriend who gets tied to a radiator by Samual Jackson)

Breach (PG-13, 110 min.) (Ryan Phillippe watches his FBI boss sell secrets to Russia)
11:20am | 1:50pm | 4:25pm | 7:00pm | 9:35pm | 12:05am

Bridge to Terabithia (PG, 95 min.) (An adaptation of a beloved childhood book. I'll hate it. Also, we'd have to put off dinner till after the show.)
11:25am | 1:50pm | 4:15pm | 6:45pm | 9:10pm | 11:30pm

Ghost Rider (PG-13, 114 min.) (Supposed to be not quite-as-suck as it appears)
11:35am | 2:10pm | 4:45pm | 7:40pm | 10:20pm | 12:45am

Music and Lyrics (PG-13, 96 min.) (Romantic comedy with Drew Barrymore & Hugh Grant)
12:05pm | 2:35pm | 5:00pm | 7:30pm | 10:00pm | 12:25am

Norbit (PG-13, 102 min.) (No)
1:05pm | 3:45pm | 6:30pm | 9:05pm | 11:35pm

The Number 23 (R, 95 min.) (Jim Carrey is confused. Or frightened. Or both.)
12:30pm | 2:50pm | 5:15pm | 8:00pm | 10:25pm | 12:35am

Reno 911!: Miami (R, 81 min.) (I'll stab you. In the face.)
12:15pm | 9:50pm | 11:55pm

Wild Hogs (PG-13, 99 min.) (Remember the stabbing?)
11:10am | 11:40am | 1:35pm | 2:05pm | 4:10pm | 4:40pm | 6:40pm | 7:10pm | 9:15pm | 9:45pm | 11:40pm | 12:10am

Zodiac (2007) (R, 160 min.) (A serial killer is scary. Does not get caught)
12:00pm | 2:30pm | 3:30pm | 6:25pm | 7:25pm | 10:50pm

[Poll #942886]

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-09 05:00 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] londo.livejournal.com
None of those movies sound appealing. I'm sure we can come up with something more entertaining to do.

Though you haven't described the one movie you want to see at all, maybe that one doesn't suck.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-09 03:05 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
Sorry about that. 300 is a remake of an Arthur Miller comic, and like Sin City (which I could rave about for ever), this is also supposed to be very cool & cinematic. Basically, 300 Spartans must stand up against Xerxes & an overwhelming Persian army. I'm pretty sure they all die, but they kick ass in loincloths while doing it.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-09 05:08 am (UTC)
ext_267559: (Leo)
From: [identity profile] mr-teem.livejournal.com
*blink*

Did Christina Ricci become hot or something?

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-09 06:07 pm (UTC)
ext_267559: (Leo)
From: [identity profile] mr-teem.livejournal.com
Hurm. Doesn't do it for me. She looks like a Gothbot from a bad remake of Westworld in that pic.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-09 05:56 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] purple-dj.livejournal.com
It's got Samuel Jackson! That easily counteracts any of Timberlake's mediocre acting. Remember the whole "One Bad Motherfucker" wallet? Yeah...

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-09 12:37 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] that-xmas.livejournal.com
Reno 911: Miami was damn funny.

But I'd rather see 300. Of course, I think I'm coming down with the flu...

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-09 12:53 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] gunthersdncemix.livejournal.com
I have plans with [livejournal.com profile] hwango for later, so I'm indifferent, but I think you should see whatever movie you want :)

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-09 02:13 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lucasthegray.livejournal.com
y'know what? screw staying late on a friday. I'm now planning to make it for dinner. 6:30 at Red Robin, right?

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-09 03:07 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
Yay for Lucas! *hugs*

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-09 02:37 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shogunhb.livejournal.com
Though I kinda want to see Christina Ricci chained to a radiator by Samuel L Jackson.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-09 03:08 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shadowravyn.livejournal.com
Yeah, but all he does is preach at her. Meh.

Work, you, so you can actually come to my party.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-09 02:38 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] invader-haywire.livejournal.com
8(

I leave work at 8 so I wont be able to make it. Happy Congratulations on making it to Clark!

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-09 03:09 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mentia999.livejournal.com
The only one Jon and I might be interested in seeing would have been 300, and we definitely couldn't make a showing that early. However, we will be right by your house, so if you go for the "screw this, let's watch movies at your house option" instead, we could definitely make that.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-09 04:44 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] verrucaria.livejournal.com
The only movie that I'm remotely interested in seeing at this time is Zodiac (I voted for it), but it turns out that no one else wants to see it. So I guess I'd like to change my vote to "go to dinner (anywhere) and then do something completely different."

But listen to what other people have to say. Oh, and we may be a bit late for dinner on account of Adam's work.

If plans change suddenly or something like that, could you please call my cell? (617-529-3987) Thanks!

Profile

booksomewench: (Default)
booksomewench

October 2012

S M T W T F S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930 31   

Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios